Hi, I was sitting thinking about the book (fiction, low fantasy) I am writing and why I wrote my recent short story, The Eye of the Cat. And I thought, why do I like writing? Usually, my answer is, “I don’t know. I just like writing.” After thinking about it a bit more, I came up with a list. So, here’s a short list of why I think I write.
- I have a big imagination (fiction writing).
- It’s therapeutic (journal writing).
- It helps me clear out my many thoughts (brainstorming).
- It helps me express deeper emotions (free verse)
- It helps me meet new types of writers and what they like to write about (social media & blogging).
Why do you like to write poetry, fiction, nonfiction, or why do you blog etc.? Let me know in the comments below. I’m curious.
All rights reserved ©Ana P. Rose 2019