Today I only have a simply question for you. What is your creative writing process? What are your little quirks as a creative writer? What inspires you to write: poetry, lyrics, blogs, short stories, micro-fiction, fiction, non-fiction, etc.?
I’ll bulletproof mine below. It’s not detailed because that would take me a book. But it’s enough to share with you my part of my creative writing process. What’s yours? Let me know in the comment section. Have a blessed week, everyone!
- Freewrite. I just let it flow without worrying about mistakes or loose words that won’t make it to the final copy.
- Sometimes I listen to a particular genre to get in the mood of whatever I wish to write.
- I always try to bring it back to a self-lesson or a positive outlook. (I know I shouldn’t always do this but oh well).
- Anything or anyone can be my muse, even you. 😉 You’ll just never know about it. (lol)
- Not everything I write about is about me, especially my freeverse.
- I then reread and reread.
- I try to find new and better words or phrases
- I leave it alone for a while.
- I return with a “new pair of fresh eyes” to catch grammatical errors. Though sometimes, I still miss those typos or mistakes. It drives me crazy.
- I reread.
- I read it to someone aloud if it’s possible.
- I go through it a final time, and then I finally post.